This workshop will cover the following:
- A brief history of leadership theory
- Techniques and tools to help face adversity and cope with pressure
- Some scenarios of leadership under pressure
- Some activities that explore your response to leadership scenarios
- Some resources to use when you are next faced with adversity
- Questions and answers
The workshop will be pitched for families with activities differentiated for ability/experience.
Session Materials: Pen and paper (for notes); Smartphone/Laptop/E-device – This will be used for interactive resources
Note: This topic requires maturity and an ability to reflect
Hello, my name is Ben and I have been involved with Potential Plus UK first as a child, then as a trustee and now as a workshop lead. My day job is as an officer in the British Army, in which I mentor Potential Officers and develop their leadership, communication and analytical skills. My previous role within the Army was developing bespoke training, mainly centred around leadership and management, in which I was fortunate enough to deploy across the globe and lucky enough to be recognised in the New Year’s Honours List (Military) 2021. I look forward to meeting you all.