Discover the excitement of challenging reading and creative writing. In this session for families, Bob will share many ideas on the power of stories and poems to inspire all of us and some specific ideas for excellence in writing.
This workshop will cover lots of ways in which reading and writing can become more exciting and develop a deeper level of interest and achievement. The content will include:
- The importance of the link between reading and writing
- Building reading and writing communities – talking about books
- Knowing about famous writers and classic texts – building curiosity and excellence
- Ideas for writing in response to a range and diversity of texts – taking on new challenges in style and language
- Useful links to further support.
Session Materials: pen and paper
Since becoming a freelance educational consultant in 2007, Bob has worked with a range of schools cross-phase and has delivered inset at national, international and county conferences, often in a leading capacity. He has now supported over 500 schools in their “search for excellence” and is an award-winning author.